Thursday, February 9, 2012

Audible.com: An Officer and His Gentleman as an Audio Book


I've been wanting to post about this for a while but something keeps coming up and I keep postponing it.

The reason I'm posting is I've had a few readers e-mail me and ask if any of my books are available on audio. One is: AN OFFICER AND HIS GENTLEMAN. You can find it here, on audible.com. There are a lot of reviews, too. Unlike goodreads, where who knows what goes on, I'm always comfortable with the reviews left on web sites like audible. In fact, as a reader, I often go there to check out the reviews when I'm thinking about buying a book.

Why do I do this? It's simple. I trust the authenticity of the reviews at places like audible more so than I trust them at goodreads and amazon. I won't go into detail about why in a general sense. It's partly because I believe readers, and only readers, make purchases at sights like audible and leave reviews. And I've explained it partly in this post. And as a reader, I've found that most reviews on audible have never let me down.

Will there be other books of mine on audible.com? I honestly don't know the answer to this. If I had the power to control this, I would invest my time and money to do this without any questions. If I ever decide to indie publish, I will definitely do this. However, I don't have any choice in the matter. Publishers decide these things. So if you are interested in listening to more books, contact the publishers and let them know. They usually like hearing these things. And if enough people do it they might even pay attention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you really know what you are speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally seek advice from my website =). We may have a link trade contract between us
Also see my webpage: Web Designer

ryan field said...

Sorry I'm just posting this now. Your comment went to spam and I just saw it.

Thanks!!

BS said...

An Officer and His Gentleman was the first of your books I ever "read" and by read, I downloaded the audio book from iTunes. Anyone who is reading this, and uncertain about downloading the audio book... DO IT! It's a GREAT read, the book is great and the narrator does an excellent job with the voices (except one voice, but it's a minor character you don't hear often). A great book, great read and CRAZY HOT!

Ryan, what publishers do we contact to hear more of your books converted into audio books?

Love your posts and books! Thank you!!!!

ryan field said...

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Contact ravenousromance.com to let them know. They like the feedback, too :)