Friday, December 2, 2011

Fred Karger: Openly Gay and Running for President

In case you haven't heard, there's an openly gay man running for President of the United States this time. And I'm posting the facts about him without offering any opinions yet.

And that's because I'm an independent and I've never voted along party lines in my life. If there was an election tomorrow, I can honestly say I'm not sure how I would vote. It's all so dismal at this point I wouldn't know how to pull the lever.

But when I see something different that might be of interest to the LGBT community, I want to share. Here's a link to how Fred Karger stands on more than one issue. He seems legit to me. In fact, I'm more than interested in listening to what he has to say...speaking from an independent, bipartisan POV. There's a Fred Karger "event" on December 15th and I'm seriously thinking about going.

I'd be lying if I said this one issue below isn't something I care deeply about. It's also something I consider when it's time to vote. And frankly, the current administration has left me less than satisfied...and I thought they were the ones who were supposed to be on my side.

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Rights

I am the only candidate for president who supports full equality for all Americans

Southern Republican Leadership Conference, New Orleans, LA - LGBTPOV. April 11, 2010:

“I will work hard to end to Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, pass the federal Employment Anti-Discrimination law (ENDA), eliminate the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), make Gay Marriage the law of the land and make finding a cure for HIV / AIDS and a vaccine to prevent HIV a new national priority.”

Huffington Post - December 24, 2010:

“President Obama, Evolve Already… Gay marriage sends a very loud and clear message to LGBT youth that they are equal.”

2 comments:

Fred Karger said...

Hope you can make it on the 15th at Howard Kaplan's: http://www.fredkarger.com/events/2011-12-02/new-york-fundraiser-700-900p

Fred

ryan field said...

Thanks for commenting!!

I'm trying to rearrange a few things so I can make it.

If I don't, I will continue to post about you and support you!!