Tuesday, October 11, 2011

National Coming Out Day...Don't Feel Pressured

This might be the shortest post I've ever written.

If you're coming out today, I think that's wonderful. Huzzah!!

But if you're still living in circumstances where it's not possible to come out...or, more important...you're not ready to come out yet, please do not feel pressured into coming out just because there's a national coming out day and all your friends think it's the cool thing to do.

The process is different for everyone, and you should never feel pressured by anyone to actually come out until you're ready. Some do it all at once. Others take their time and do it slowly. There's no right way or wrong way. I never actually came out, at least not formally. And if I had to go back, I wouldn't change a thing.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

well said bro!

Jay M. said...

Well said, Ryan. Thanks for a realistic view that fits so many of us.
Peace <3
Jay

mary gresham said...

Well said Ryan!