Saturday, October 1, 2011

Historical Romance Update: A Young Widow's Promise

I'm posting about all this for a reason. I hear a lot of people talking about the quality of e-books and they usually aren't very happy. I'm not talking about content...in this respect you can never please everyone. I'm talking about errors and edits and mistakes that either go unnoticed or simply aren't recognized before digital books are released.

We're now on the fifth round of edits for A Young Widow's Promise, a historical, m/f, romance I've been working on for a long, long time, which will be released by Loveyoudivine.com very shortly. And before these five rounds of edits, I did about one hundred rounds on my own before the manuscript was submitted to the publisher.

I can't speak for anyone else. But I can speak for the publisher loveyoudivine.com as far as my personal experience goes. I'm never rushed, which is important with a historical. They care more about quality than quantity and authors are never stressed out. And even though the editing process is arduous at best, it's always pleasant, too.

We still have a few more rounds to go with A Young Widow's Promise. And then I'll receive the final version to look over myself. By that time, the book is usually ready to be launched. But I have found a few mistakes even when we reach this point. And the editors are always more than happy to fix them.

No comments: