Monday, September 12, 2011

Follow Up Post: Self-Published Authors and QED


As a follow up post to this one, I contacted Matt at QED about self-published books and authors and whether or not they could participate. I wanted to know, first hand. And this is how he replied:

Yes, self-published books are absolutely allowed to participate. We have a special category of the PIAs that are specifically devoted to self-published titles, if you decide you would prefer to compete in that section. A self-published author is also allowed to compete in the general categories as well; the self-published category is only optional. Hope that answers your question!

So if you are self-published, I think it might be wise to keep this in mind. I know it's an added expense. But in this case, I think the added expense will pay off in the end.

No comments: