Thursday, July 14, 2011

Release Date: ANOTHER REGULAR BUD


I just got word ANOTHER REGULAR BUD will be released July 22. This isn't exactly a sequel to A REGULAR BUD, but the themes are the same.

Here's an excerpt from line edits I just finished:

When I pulled into Bob’s service station, I
passed the gas pumps and parked head on
against one of the open garage doors. My legs
were sore, and my feet were pulsing. I’d just come
from football practice, and it was warmer than
usual for that time of year.
It wasn’t a serious football team, and I wasn’t
a serious football player. Just a group of guys I’d
know in college who liked to get together and toss
a ball around outside a gym after work. Though
I’d showered with the guys after practice, all I
wanted to do was go home and plop on the sofa.
But I’d been having troubles with the car, and
I didn’t want to let the situation get worse. It was
Another Regular Bud
2
the end of October, and I had a busy weekend
coming up and didn’t want to deal with car
problems.
Earlier that afternoon, I’d done something
extremely out of character: I’d stopped at a small
erotic boutique to pick up a pair of six-inch black
leather stilettos.
Though I’d never done drag before, my best
friend had talked me into going to a costume
party that Halloween weekend as one of the
characters from the movie Burlesque. Not any one
character in particular. I was just going for theme
this time.
I’d already ordered a sexy, slinky lace and
leather outfit from an erotic website and a short
blonde wig from another. A good female friend
was going to help with the make up and fake
fingernails. But I’d been worried about ordering
the high heels online and figured it was better to
go out and buy them in person to make sure they
fit well. I didn’t want to walk around in pain all
night. And to my surprise, the high heels I
bought fit almost as well and were almost as
comfortable as my old black boots, even with my
black socks.
RYAN FIELD
3
Before I turned off the ignition, I pulled off the
high heels and threw them in the back seat. The
saleswoman had warned me it was a good idea to
get used to them before I wore them that
weekend. So after football practice, I decided to
wear them on the drive home. When I pulled up
to red lights and stopped beside other cars, I
couldn’t help laughing at what they would have
done if they’d known the nice-looking, straightacting
guy in the car next to them was wearing
black six-inch stilettos.

No comments: