Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More About Babycakes: Upcoming Release


I have a new short story being released sometime this month by loveyoudivine.com. I've been writing for lyd for about five years, ever since I found out I could publish short story e-books as stand alones. Up until then, for years, I'd always submitted my work to larger lgbt publishers like Cleis Press and Alyson Books. Before that, I was pubbed in periodicals and journals dating back to my college days.

Babycakes is a perfect example of what's been being published for many, many years within the gay fiction genre. It's the kind of story I would have submitted to an editor ten years ago for a gay anthology, not something I wrote because it's a hot trend right now. I've been right here doing this for a long time, loving every single minute of it.

But I'd also like to make it clear this is erotica, not romance. I always try to distinguish between the two here on the blog because I'm always reading about how readers can't tell the difference and wind up buying something they didn't expect. I also try to keep it simple...as simple as possible without being boxed-in. The short stories I write are usually more erotica than romance. The full length novels are usually erotic romance. And I always post something on the blog about this when there's a new release. It can get complicated, and booksellers don't always categorize properly. Strawberries and Cream at the Plaza is a short story, but there's nothing erotic about it...it's pure romance.

So if anyone has questions, feel free to e-mail me and I'll be more than happy to go into more detail. Readers do this all the time...some even ask for spoilers and I'm more than happy to oblige.

No comments: