Friday, May 13, 2011

$199.00, Used? For THE VIRGIN BILLIONAIRE, My Book?

Okay. I'm not understanding this at all. I clicked over to amazon to see if the digital version of THE VIRGIN BILLIONAIRE was still selling for the same price. Two of my books are .99 e-books, and I wanted to see if VB had been reduced. And when I got there I found out someone is selling the used paperback version of VB for $199.00.

Seriously!

I have to be missing something. The book, sold "new" in print, is something like $12.99. And why anyone would try to sell...or why anyone would purchase the used book...for almost two hundred bucks leaves me shaking my head.

If you don't believe me, here's the link. And below is what I copied and pasted from amazon.

And, just so it's clear, I have nothing to do with this. I make no money on used books sold on amazon and if someone sells one of my books for two hundred bucks, I don't get a cut. Frankly, the idea of used books, to me, has always been to get them cheaper, not to pay more. I buy used books all the time myself, especially when I'm re-reading something I've already purchased new before.

I'm assuming this price for VB is a mistake?

The Virgin Billionaire (Paperback)
by Ryan Field (Author)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‹ Return to product information
Always pay through Amazon.com's Shopping Cart or 1-Click.
Learn more about Safe Online Shopping and our safe buying guarantee.
Price at a Glance
List Price: $12.99
New: from $12.99
Used: from $199.00
Have one to sell?



All New (1 from $12.99) Used (1 from $199.00)
Show Used FREE Super Saver Shipping offers only (0)
Sorted by Price + Shipping Item Price Only

Sorted by Price + Shipping Item Price Only


Used1-1 of 1 offers
Price + Shipping Condition Seller Information Buying Options
$199.00
+ $3.99shipping Used - Like New Seller: kdub books
Seller Rating:89% positive over the past 12 months. (19 total ratings)
In Stock. Ships from CA, United States. Expedited shipping available.
International & domestic shipping rates and return policy.
Ships Daily From California! We have Many Satisfied Repeat Buyers! No Hassle Refund Policy - Excellent Customer Service!


or
Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.




« Previous1Next »

No comments: