Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This is the moment (Jekyll and Hyde)

When I got tickets to see this play, Jekyll and Hyde, at The Plymouth Theater ten or eleven years ago, I was looking forward to seeing Linda Edder on stage. But I didn't know much else about the play. And when I started reading reviews about it, I started to become less than thrilled as the day approached. For whatever reason, most reviews were mediocre; some were awful. And driving into the city on a 95 degree day in June didn't make me smile.

However, as is sometimes the case with most reviews of anything, the reviewers were dead wrong. They missed this by a mile. Not only did I love the show and all the music that went along with it, it was my first experience at The Plymouth Theater. It's not the largest theater on Broadway, but it's probably one of the best I've been in.

And now I'm thinking of using this song, This is the Moment, as a wedding song for a scene in my next book, GONE WITH A WINK. I'm just not sure it's appropriate. For a straight wedding I don't think it would be. But for a gay wedding considering all the obstacles gay men and women have to overcome in order to get married, legally or illegally, it might work out very well.


No comments: