Sunday, December 12, 2010

You Don't Need an E-Reader to Read E-books

I just read something interesting on another blog thread I'd like to address. It's for people who are curious about e-books, but don't have an expensive e-reader. For long time, I didn't have an expensive e-reader myself.

Someone commented that she didn't know she could download an e-book to her computer. She was under the impression you needed an e-reader in order to read an e-book. And this is not the case

So if you're curious about e-books, but don't have an e-reader and you've been afraid about making the purchase, there are web sites like fictionwise.com where you can buy e-books and download them right to your computer. I've done it many times. Actually, I do prefer to read a lot of my e-books on my computer. And, all the e-books I read for The Rainbow Awards I read on my computer, not on my e-reader.

So...you don't need an e-reader to read an e-book. All you need is a computer.

No comments: