Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Prop 8 Overturned

Tomorrow I have a book being released that deals with gay marriage and civil rights. And though it's a love story and classified as a romance, I couldn't write a book dealing with pride, prejudice, and the legalization of same sex marriage without getting into the politics. When I wrote this book, I never imagined we'd be hearing this news.

I'm thrilled about this step forward. There's still a long way to go. But at least we've made it this far. I read that President Obama and Gov. Schwarzenegger both support the decision and believe that banning same sex marriage is unconstitutional.

But this isn't the end...not yet. It's going to be challenged in the 9th Federal Circuit Court. After that, it will probably go to the Supreme Court, where it will affect all fifty states. But at least we're moving forward instead of backward.

No comments: