Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lori Perkins Literary Agent Wins Golden Apple Award


I just heard Lori Perkins, literary agent, has won this year's Golden Apple Award. The New York City chapter of Romance Writers of America just made the announcement this week, and I couldn't be more thrilled for Lori. Though I've never worked with her in a client/agent relationship, I have worked with her as an editor and a guide. I've even seen it mentioned that Lori is referred to as a "Fairy Godmother" because she's always helping writers achieve their dreams. And I know first hand how true this is.


In the past few years, she's helped me with a great many projects, from beginning to end. I've never met anyone who can come up with a great book title in seconds, edit three books at the same time, handle the demanding job of being a literary agent, and raise a great kid as a single mother. And this is only the tip of Lori's talents. There are far too many to mention. She's a delight to work with, she's always an inspiration, and she one of the most creative people I've ever met. And I'm not surprised she won this year's Golden Apple. She deserves it!

6 comments:

Ravenous Romance said...

Thank you, Ryan. But you are one of the most delightful, diligent authors I've ever worked with, as well.

ryan field said...

Thanks...I really appreciate this coming from you!!

Dana Fredsti said...

I concur, Ryan. Lori is very much like a fairy godmother... with a whip when needed!

Congrats, Lori!

Rebecca Leigh said...

I agree, Ryan! Congrats to a fabulous lady!!

Louisa Bacio said...

What a wonderful, personal touch to this news, Ryan. Congratulations again, Lori. Your hard work and passion definitely comes through your work.

ryan field said...

Thanks for commenting, Louisa.