Wednesday, April 7, 2010

If You Have Any Questions about My Books...Thanks to "Elaine"

One of the things I personally hate most about searching through an author's web site or blog is feeling as if I'm being duped. Like when an author mentions that he or she has thousands of publishing credits without listing them clearly, or when I get ambiguous book descriptions that contain nothing more than wordy blurbs that tell me the book is "fascinating," "intriguing," and "heart wrenching." This sort of thing might have worked in the past for authors, because there was no way to communicate with them and we were forced to take chances on buying their books. But things have changed and I think authors should be available to answer questions about their books.

After a reader contacted me recently about one of my books, I thought I'd post something to let readers know that if they don't feel they are getting good descriptions of my books, please e-mail me and I'll give you more info about the book. One reader, "Elaine," wanted to know how one book ended. She had very specific reasons for this, and I was only too happy to oblige. This way she didn't have to buy a book that would disappoint her, and I didn't have to feel guilty about someone purchasing a book and being disappointed with the ending.

And if nothing else, whether you like my books or you don't, I work hard with my editors and publishers to make sure each book is described well and that people know what they are buying. And to take it one step further, please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

There's a book coming out in the next few weeks titled, STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM AT THE PLAZA. I'll post more about it in the future, but this one is strictly romance. It's not erotic, there's very little sex, and it's more about relationships and falling in love on a first date. Another one coming out is ALL ABOUT YVES. This one is less erotic than my other books, too, and it focuses more on relationships and love than sex.

No comments: