Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Rejecter's Links to Some Interesting Insights on E-Books

I've been reading The Rejecter's blog for a long time now. I'm not usually a fan of anonymous blogs, especially anonymous literary agent blogs, but I think her posts are helpful to readers and writers.

This week she published a short post about e-books that I loved. The post provides some great links to help understand the controversy that continues to surround e-books.

On a smaller level, I've been affected as a writer. There are books I'm in, where I contributed short stories, that have been released in digital form and I never knew they would be released in digital form (I recently contacted an anthology editor and he didn't even know his books had been released in digital form until I sent him links to amazon...lol). When I signed the contracts, before digital publishing became an option, I was paid a flat rate to be in print books. And now I'll never see royalties from these newly released e-books. But I did sign non-exclusive contracts, and I still own the copyrights to my own work, so I'm not totally screwed. It might even help. So I'm not complaining; it's all good.

But I am re-thinking where, and to whom, I submit my work from now on. And I'll be reading the contracts in detail, to see if they pay royalties on e-books.

Here's the link to The Rejecter: http://rejecter.blogspot.com/2009/12/vacation-and-oh-yeah-industrys.html

No comments: