Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ravenous Romance and HSN.com Escape to Romance Collection


Yesterday I finally got a chance to actually see the printed books in the Ravenous Romance Escape to Romance Collection that is being sold in HSN.com. I'd read the ebook from my blogging buddy, Malia Sutton, titled LOVING DAYLIGHT, but I hadn't read any of the other books in the collection.


I suspected they were all good books, but frankly, I had no idea that they were all fantastic books. I'm not just saying this either. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't be saying anything. I've been in plenty of short story collections over the years by traditional publishers and I haven't always loved the finished books. Most of the time, I just don't like the way the books were edited. So I just sit back and keep my mouth shut.


But this Escape to Romance Collection is absolutely wonderful. I'm a "first page believer." In other words, I always know by the first page if a book is going to be something I want to continue reading. I base this just on the writing alone. And in this collection, every first page was just as good as the other.
And, in LOVING DAYLIGHT, there is something for dedicated LGBT readers, too. There are two gay male characters in the book that crossover into the mainstream very well. And I like to see this.

No comments: